MAG signs have in the past been lit using long-life fluorescent tubes, cold cathode tubes, tungsten halogen lamps etc. LED technology, with all the reliability benefits it offers, can now be applied to most signs, both new and existing, via LED kits. LED signs operate from either a 240 Volt AC supply, or an airfield lighting series circuit operating from 2.8A to 6.6A. The light output produced by these signs is fully compliant with ICAO, FAA, MOS Part 139 and CAP168 requirements, and can be used at category I, II and III operation airfields.
Features & Benefits
- Low electrical power consumption and minimum maintenance required.
- Life expectancy in excess of 75,000 hours
- Modular construction & commonality of mechanical & electrical equipment.
- Multi-redundant LED configuration maintains sign visibility in event of individual LED failure.
- Operating temperatures range -30ºC to + 55ºC
- Anodised & powder coated extruded aluminium profile can be manufactured up to 6.2m long.
- Non oxidising stainless steel clips & fixings.
- IP65 rated.